You may have credit for courses taken at another institution transferred to your UCI record. This also
includes Advanced Placement (AP) credit and International Baccalaureate (IB) credit.
Contact the other institution and request that they send an
official transcript to the UCI Office of
Upon receipt, an admissions counselor will:
- review your official transcript
- determine the number of transferrable units
- post the transferrable credit to your academic record and
- send a copy of your updated records to your school or
program at UCI
Transferred credit on your UCI record
You may check to see if transferred credit has been posted to your record by
Courses and grades from other institutions, including other UC campuses,
are not itemized on your UCI transcript.
Transferred credit is shown only as a total number of units transferred.
Only transferred credit from another UC campus will be computed into your
UC grade point average (GPA).
Use the guideline below to convert between semester units and
- semester units multiplied by 1.5 = quarter units
- quarter units multiplied by .667 = semester units