The California Education Code Sections 66750 through 66756, commonly referred to as Senate Bill 1914 (Killea),
permits undergraduate students enrolled in any campus of the California Community Colleges, the California State
University, or the University of California to enroll without formal admission in a maximum of one course per
academic term at a campus of either of the other systems on a space available basis at the discretion of the
appropriate campus authorities on both campuses.
UCI students can download the Application for Cross-Enrollment
, and should direct any questions to the Registrar's Office.
Enrollment in pre-collegiate courses is excluded.
UCI students who cross-enroll are not eligible for reduced tuition and fees through the Part-Time Study Program.
This information pertains to UCI students only. Incoming cross-enrollment students should contact
UCI Extension at 949-824-5414 and ask for cross-enrollment information.
A UCI student is eligible to cross-enroll if the student has met all of the following six requirements:
- Completed at least one term at UCI as a matriculated student
- Enrolled for a minimum of six units for the current term
- Earned a grade point average of 2.0 (grade of C) for work completed
- Paid appropriate full-time tuition and fees at UCI for the current term
- Completed appropriate academic preparation as determined by the host campus
- Has been classified as a California resident for tuition purposes at UCI
- Approval for cross-enrollment is valid for only the one term specified and is subject to space
availability, deadlines, registration procedures, and priorities of the host campus. You must
reapply for each term you wish to cross-enroll.
- You are subject to all administrative procedures of the host campus. You must process an official
drop at the host campus or risk having an unsatisfactory grade recorded on your permanent record.
- Academic advising is available only at UCI. You are urged to secure approval of a UCI academic advisor to ensure course meets UCI requirements or is transferable.
- Evidence of completion of course prerequisites may be required at the time of enrollment (transcript).
- Records of credit earned through cross-enrollment are maintained by the host campus. You must request transcripts be sent to UCI.
- Because of overlapping academic calendars, cross-enrollment is possible only in certain combinations.
|UCI Campus Enrollment||Host Campus Enrollment|
|Fall Quarter||Fall Quarter or Fall Semester|
|Winter Quarter||Winter Quarter or Spring Semester|
|Spring Quarter||Spring Quarter or Spring Semester|
tuition and Fees and Financial Aid
- You will not be charged additional tuition and fees. However, host campuses may charge a $10 administration fee each term.
- You will have to pay any additional fees required of other students at the host campus (labs, materials, breakage, computer, transcript, etc.).
- Financial aid is available only through the UCI campus. Students eligible for veterans, rehabilitation, social security, and other federal, state, or county benefits must secure eligibility certification through the UCI campus. Units taken at both campuses may be combined to establish financial aid.
Services while Cross-Enrolled
- Health services at the host campus are limited to treatment for emergencies.
- Participation in student activities or use of the student union at the host campus is subject to limitations set by the host campus.
- Parking on the host campus will be available on the basis of a term fee within campus parking availability or on a daily fee basis.
- Information concerning host campus identification card policies will be provided at registration.